actor (n) a person who performs on the stage, on television or in films/movies, especially as a profession.
- She is one of the country’s leading actors.
architect(n) a person whose job is designing buildings
- The achitect of this old house was Louis Kahn.
chemist(n) a person whose job is to prepare and sell medicines, and who works in a shop
- The doctor gave me this medicine and I can only buy it at a chemist.
chill out(v) to spend time relaxing; to relax and stop feeling angry or nervous about something.
- They sometimes meet up to chill out and watch a movie.
colleague(n) a person that you work with, especially in a profession or a business .
- We were friends and colleagues for more than 20 years.
crowded(adj) having a lot of people or too many people
- The shops were all very crowded before chritstmas.
delicious(adj) having a very pleasant taste or smell
-Who cooked this? It's delicious.
disgusting(adj) extremely unpleasant
- There is a disgusting smell coming from the kitchen. You burned the chicken.
gorgeous(adj) very beautiful and attractive; giving pleasure and enjoyment
- The singer looked gorgeous in her costume.
impolite(adj) not polite, rude
-Some people think it is impolite to ask someone's age.
instructor(n) a person whose job is to teach somebody a practical skill or sport
- a driving instructor / a swimming/diving/fitness/flying/riding/ski instructor
journalist(n) a person whose job is to collect and write news stories for newspapers, magazines, radio or television
- The journalist asked difficult questions to the manager after the match they lost.
landscape(n) everything you can see when you look across a large area of land, especially in the country
- I took a lot of photos of the landscape of the mountains.
part-time(adj) for part of the day or week in which people work.
-She's looking for a part-time job.
polite(adj) having or showing good manners and respect for the feelings of others
- You must be polite to our guests.
stunning(adj) extremely attractive or impressive , beautiful
- a stunning view of the lake - His performance was simply stunning.
talented(adj)having a natural ability to do something well
-a talented football player
ugly(adj) not beautiful
- The man with the ugly face looked angrily.
wallet(n) a small flat folding case made of leather or plastic used for keeping paper money and credit cards in
- My father took out his brown wallet and gave e some money.